Cate has been married for 20 years, has three sons and an adopted daughter.
Cate Blanchett is a respected Oscar winner and one of the most praised actors in Hollywood. She was born on May 14, 1969. She starred in about 53 films and is known for her ability to play various characters.
These are interesting facts about the famous actress:
- When Cate was only ten, she was left without a father who died suddenly from a heart attack.
- The acting is a kind of therapy, and Cate acknowledged on several occasions that her acting just helped her deal with the early loss of her father.
- Her first son often says that he is an “experiment” given that his parents taught him about parenting by raising him. Aside from him, Cate has three more children.
- During her childhood, Cate lived in poverty because her mother had to provide for her children all by herself.
- She started working at the age 14 to help her mother deal with financial problems.
- Cate studied the history of art and acting was only a hobby. She left college and moved to Sydney where she started attending acting school.
- Blanchett has a happy marriage with Andrew Upton for 20 years. She thinks that sincerity is the most important in marriage. She thinks she is happy to talk to her husband about anything.
- Cate often feels that other moms are judging and criticizing her because she does not spend enough time with her children because of work.
- When she first met Andrew, Cate did felt indifferent. Only the next time they saw each other, they started to flirt, so that three weeks later they started dating.
- Cate has three sons and one adopted daughter Edith. Since Edith is the only girl and the ‘baby’ of the family, she says that they gave her anything she wanted.
- Cate is known as a spontaneous person, so all three of her pregnancies happened randomly and unplanned. “They just jumped out of me,” Cate often says when she talks about her children.
- This is one of her more powerful quotes: If you know that you will fail, fail honorably!
- When her husband is on the road, Cate tries her best to be a substitute father to all their children, because her father died when she was young and she doesn’t want her children to be without fatherly love.
- Cate Blanchett cannot be found on social networks because she thinks that selfies are pathetic.
- In one film she acted as 13 different characters.